Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Blog holder page blank

Go to End

2 Posts   1653 Views

wackzingo

Community Member, 1 Post

25 August 2011 at 1:47pm

Edited: 25/08/2011 6:29pm

I apologize in advance if I'm missing something obvious but I just started using SilverStripe a few days ago.

I created a theme using my own template. It's simple with just the base_tag and $content and $form variable/tags. The structure looks like this:

mysite.com\themes\blackcandy
mysite.com\themes\blackcandy_blog
mysite.com\themes\mytheme\
- mytheme\css\
- mytheme\images\
- mytheme\js\
- - mytheme\templates\
- - templates\Page.ss

When using the blackcandy as the default theme for the site, the blog page appears to work fine. However, when I switch to my theme and select the blog link from the menu, the blog holder page is blank. I noticed the ReadMe page says the blog module is setup to use the \themes\blackcandy_blog\ directory by default. What do I need to do to make the blog work with my theme?

Thanks in advance.

lanks

Community Member, 61 Posts

23 September 2011 at 6:38pm

Hi

If your new theme must have the templates for the blog module. If you look inside \themes\blackcandy_blog\ you will see all of the standard blog templates that you must have for your custom theme.

The standard way to do this would be to create a directory inside themes called \themes\mytheme_blog\.

When you say blank if you mean the whole page is completely white then this means that there is an error. To view the error message check out the "white screen of death" at LeftandMain.com here

Liam