Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Blog Owners and Blog Management permission issues

Go to End

2 Posts   1433 Views

Liquid Edge Creative

Community Member, 56 Posts

15 March 2012 at 11:10am

Hi team,

I'm trying to get my head around what the Blog Owner setting actually does in a Blog Holder.

Surely the only person who can manage a particular Blog (Holder) would be the person set as the Blog Owner? However I am finding that anyone with Blog Management permissions is able to manage any Blog, post to any Blog, etc, whether they are the Owner or not.

I would expect this to be the case only when Blog Owner is set to None, but having Blog Owner set to None doesn't seem to change anything. Therefore, what is the purpose of having a Blog Owner?

This makes for a very insecure system where, if I have multiple bloggers running their own blogs, they can all post to each others Blogs any time they want!

Can someone please shed some light on this for me?

Shelly

Community Member, 3 Posts

17 March 2012 at 2:16pm

I also am struggling with this issue. I'm building a site with multiple blog holders and need to resolve this problem. (Multiple BlogHolders http://www.silverstripe.org/blog-module-forum/show/19469) If you find a solution please post it.

Thanks, Shelly