Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Anyone working on a blogpost to facebook widget? Please...

Go to End

3 Posts   2347 Views

honeybunny

Community Member, 79 Posts

24 July 2012 at 7:06am

Hi all! Client wants to automatically add latest blog post to facebook fan page, but I can't seem to make this happen. Is there a widget for this? I tried searching, but nothing jumped out at me. (It would be easier if the widget section had a search function like the modules.)

I did try Hootsuite, but kept getting the dreaded "Feeds must be configured so that posted items report a date/time" error, no matter what format I use for the date/time. Any ideas? Facebook notes used to work, but it was discontinued last year because they wanted to force people to use facebook instead of a separate blog. Is it even possible or has facebook really drawn a line in the sand? (I am rapidly reaching the point that it would be much, much cheaper for the client to pay me to manually link every blog post then to continue trying to come up with an automatic system...)

Thanks!

HB

MarijnKampf

Community Member, 176 Posts

24 July 2012 at 6:22pm

Edited: 24/07/2012 6:23pm

Create an RSS feed for the data you would like posted to Facebook and use the RSS Graffiti app ( http://apps.facebook.com/rssgraffiti/ ) to post the feed to Facebook. See http://www.facebook.com/pages/Emofacescom/171077902935590 for an example of how the posts look on the Facebook page.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

24 July 2012 at 7:27pm