Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Posting comments gets stuck at /CommentingController/CommentsForm

Go to End

4 Posts   3866 Views

MikeP

Community Member, 3 Posts

1 July 2013 at 4:10pm

Hi there,

I have the blog, comments and widgets modules installed. Comments were working, but recently I whenever I post a comment I get redirected to a blank page at /CommentingController/CommentsForm. Pretty sure I didn't change anything with the comments or blog modules. Anyone else have this problem?

PS. I am using a Postrgres database if that helps.

Cheers,
MikeP

MikeP

1 July 2013 at 4:16pm

This is my Comments config:

private static $default_config = array(
'require_login' => false, // boolean, whether a user needs to login
'required_permission' => false, // required permission to comment (or array of permissions)
'include_js' => true, // Enhance operation by ajax behaviour on moderation links
'use_gravatar' => true, // set to true to show gravatar icons,
'gravatar_size' => 80, // size of gravatar in pixels. This is the same as the standard default
'show_comments_when_disabled' => false, // when comments are disabled should we show older comments (if available)
'order_comments_by' => "\"Created\" ASC",
'comments_per_page' => 10,
'comments_holder_id' => "comments-holder", // id for the comments holder
'comment_permalink_prefix' => "comment-", // id prefix for each comment. If needed make this different
'require_moderation' => true,
'html_allowed' => true, // allow for sanitized HTML in comments
'html_allowed_elements' => array('a', 'img', 'i', 'b'),
'use_preview' => false, // preview formatted comment (when allowing HTML). Requires include_js=true
);

and blog version 0.6.x-dev, comments version 1.1.x-dev, and widgets version 0.1.x-dev

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

1 July 2013 at 6:12pm

Check your PHP error log for any error messages. Does the comment get saved? The normal behaviour is you will be redirected to CommentingController/CommentsForm but that will take you back to your last page after it has finished processing.

MikeP

2 July 2013 at 8:32am

Thanks for the speedy reply, Willr. Looks like its a problem with the html purifier module blocking the redirect. Much appreciated!