Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Pictures in Blog entries?

Go to End

13 Posts   5802 Views

SWRL149

Community Member, 7 Posts

10 April 2009 at 11:19am

Just wondering if anything ever cam of any of the strings involving trouble placing pictures in a blog entry? i've seen one post but it doesn't seem to have gone anywhere. I'm no developer, just a graphic designer that would really like a picture to accompany a posting.

Was there a work around that actually solved the problem fully? bebabeba posted what seemed to be a fix but only working on the unpublished page.

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

16 April 2009 at 1:03am

What isn't working for you ?

HanSolo

Community Member, 87 Posts

16 April 2009 at 1:32am

I agree with you blog 0.1 did work much better, everytime I place I new blogentry I always have to do some changes to the code.
One thing I noticed is when I insert an image that is let say 600px in width. If I want to scale it down to 400px, the div that contain the the images is 600pc width: all of this can make the design look like...shit.
I dont know if this is a bug or not. But as I said the blog 0.1 was much more stable.

SWRL149

16 April 2009 at 6:29am

At least you can get pics into your entry. It will let me pick a picture, but when i hit enter, it just sits there. no broken link pic, no place holder, not even a cup of coffee while i wait. It totally ignores me. And that's what hurts the most.

I'm gonna git my server to upgrade a couple of things and see if that helps. I'm crossing my wires in hopes that it does.

SWRL149

6 June 2009 at 4:09pm

So we upgraded to the most recent 2.3.2 and updated the blog module. Why in the name of all that is sacred to bloggers is there no way to add an image or a hyperlink?? Has anyone out there written some nice adjunct that i can poach and add somewhere that would give me the ability to use the wysiwig tools that are displayed in the control panel? I just wanna be able to insert a small image related to my blog entry and if needed, highlight a word or 2 and use the link button to add a URL. I mean, i've come so far in silverstripe and it seems to be a respected platform. Please don't tell me I need to scrap what i've built and convert to wordpress. ugh.

dab

Community Member, 50 Posts

6 June 2009 at 6:57pm

I think you should add one line to your mysite/_config.php:

BlogEntry::allow_wysiwyg_editing();

Benoit

Community Member, 2 Posts

16 August 2009 at 10:09pm

That BlogEntry::allow_wysiwyg_editing(); works fine, except...

in the admin panel now I have the editor tools, and in the Blog itself (the actual site) I have them in Internet Explorer, but in Firefox nothing happens, allthough in Firefox the script activates when on the admin site...

Is there a fix for that ?

Philwm

Community Member, 22 Posts

24 November 2009 at 10:48am

Hope someone here can shed some light on this; I loaded the blog v0.2.1 and made some layout changes to put the widgets at the top of the blog page and bring the content across further to the left.

Before and after these changes - so I don't think it has anything to do with them, they were to Page.ss and Sidebar etc - I have quite a bit of trouble getting much control over pictures, especially text wrapping and alignment.

I had changed the code to allow the WYSIWYG editor already.

I have seen this problem in the earlier SS editor that needed to be corrected in the html, and I could do it here but my client needs to be able to add pictures to the blog without resorting to any coding!

I'd also like to change the point at which the module cuts short the blog entry - there's a problem putting an image in that shows on the blog mainpage otherwise, anything over about 200px gets bumped to the read full entry?

Go to Top