Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Pictures in Blog entries?

Go to End

13 Posts   5802 Views

Erikh112

Community Member, 9 Posts

24 December 2009 at 7:15am

this entry doesn't work at my project.
could you please show me your code in your _config.php file ?

Thanks

Rishi

Community Member, 97 Posts

15 January 2010 at 6:16pm

You simply need to add the below given line in /mysite_config.php
You can add this line at the end of the file just before ?>

BlogEntry::allow_wysiwyg_editing();

Agni

Community Member, 5 Posts

20 January 2010 at 5:40am

Edited: 20/01/2010 5:53am

Hello everyone,

I'm sure this is a simple thing but I don't have a lot of experience with coding. I've added the BlogEntry::allow_wysiwyg_editing('true');
coding which has allowed me to use the editor in the CMS. This works out great now.

When I view a Full blog post everything looks right. E.G. Pictures show up and links are active.

When I view the /blog page (with all of the blog posts) it does not display the links properly and no pictures are shown. The links show up as basic text only.

I'm sure there is a simple setting that needs to be changed but looking through the forums I haven't found it. I did try a bunch of things in the forum but none of them seem to fix this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Agni

*NOTE* After re-reading some of the other forum posts I did find the answer to my problem above. The answer is found at the following link: http://www.silverstripe.org/archive/show/10328?start=0#post10347

The Paragraph Summary section needs to be updated as per the instructions in the link above.

Excellent!

Agni

Community Member, 5 Posts

23 January 2010 at 9:28am

I actually do have one small bug right now.

The /blog page doesn't show up correctly in Internet Explorer (version 6.0). Haven't checked 8.0. It looks fine in Firefox though.
And it looks fine if you go to a particular month (e.g. January 2010).

For some reason in the /blog page the text doesn't start until below the left sidebar. It looks like the blog is empty on my monitor.

If anyone wants to take a look you can go here:

http://www.thehappymonks.com/blog/

Under January 2010 it looks fine here:

http://www.thehappymonks.com/blog/2010/01

I'm sure this is a little thing and I would appreciate if someone had a suggestion.

Thanks so much,

Agni

honeybunny

Community Member, 79 Posts

26 January 2010 at 6:22am

Hi Agni!
I'm definitely a designer rather than a developer, but I looked at your site in FF3.5 and IE8 and it looks fine. Did you fix the problem? It's very possible that it is a compatibility issue between your css and IE6.

Good Luck!

HB

Go to Top