Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Connect With Other SilverStripe Members /

For all SilverStripe-related topics that don't fit into any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SilverStripe Plugin for Z-Ray

Go to End

6 Posts   2197 Views

proudboffin

Community Member, 4 Posts

22 June 2015 at 2:06am

Hi guys! Looking for a developer interested in developing a SilverStripe plugin for Z-Ray - a new debugging tool for PHP devs we (Zend) are working on. Can't offer payment, but there are other perks :-) Any takers?

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

23 June 2015 at 8:56pm

What is it?
What would be involved?
What are the benefits?

proudboffin

23 June 2015 at 9:04pm

Main benefits are publicity and recognition as a plugin developer for Zend. And there's a contest to be announced soon with some cool prizes :-) But, like I said, can't offer money.
Z-Ray is basically a toolbar that displays a variety of information on the request, on all the different PHP elements constructing the page. Best way to describe Z-Ray is to show it in action, in this case on a WordPress app:
http://54.174.160.159/wordpress/
The right-most panel is an example of what a plugin looks like. It's a plugin we developed for WordPress devs and shows WordPress-specific info.
That's what a SilverStripe plugin would do - show devs SilverStripe info on the app they're developing...

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

23 June 2015 at 9:14pm

Edited: 23/06/2015 10:01pm

The rightmost panel is blank :<

Ooooh, you mean the right most button/tab on the Z-ray toolbar.
Ok, I see. Seems like a neat tool. But to develop for it I have to buy it first right?

proudboffin

23 June 2015 at 10:01pm

That's odd. Don't you see a "WordPress" panel with the WordPress icon?

proudboffin

23 June 2015 at 10:34pm

:-)
Z-Ray is bundled with Zend Server. So to use it, yes, you'd need to install Zend Server which is a commercial product. There are however options to apply for a free license. If this interests you, Skype me at danielbe.zend