Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Connect With Other SilverStripe Members /

For all SilverStripe-related topics that don't fit into any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Pages are not getting saved

Go to End

2 Posts   1711 Views

anujkryadav

Community Member, 30 Posts

25 December 2009 at 2:14am

Hello
I have created a website in silverstripe in my system (localhost) and have installed the website in live server,its working fine except when I try to make any changes from admin panel and try to save the file its giving me saving error.I am not been able to make any changes using admin panel,I am using admin login ,I have not created any other user.IN my system (localhost) saving is working fine.
I have given the folder every rights that is read,write execute ececute. to all the folder in my site.

CodeGuerrilla

Community Member, 105 Posts

15 January 2010 at 1:09pm

You should only make the assets/ folder writable by the webserver user otherwise you are opening a large security hole.

Is it just uploading of files or saving in general? We had a similar problem with a live website ended up we were using a read only database user and not the db admin user so check your details there.

You can also set your SS enviroment to dev to see if there are any errors.

Director::set_environment_type('dev');

If you have CPanel on your hosting you can also check the httpd error logs for some clues, otherwise contact your hosting provider and ask them for help