Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Connect With Other SilverStripe Members /

For all SilverStripe-related topics that don't fit into any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

google indexing pdf uploads on secure pages

Go to End

13 Posts   4962 Views

Jojo

Community Member, 16 Posts

5 March 2009 at 9:03pm

I installed the securepages module to 2.2.2 but am getting an error message in the CMS file uploads section beyond the first directory level of files. Am thinking I should just upgrade 2.2.2 to the latest version of Silverstripe. Is this straightforward? Should I uninstall the securepage module first before upgrading and install it again after the upgrade? If so how do I uninstall the module? Thanks for your help.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

5 March 2009 at 9:54pm

The simplest way to uninstall should be to:

1. Un-mark any folders that you set as secure (ie, uncheck 'folder is secure')

2. Remove the securefiles directory

3. Run a db/build?flush=1

It might pay to just check that any .htaccess files generted in your assets folders have been removed. Step 1 should have done that, but it's an alpha module, so who knows.

Upgrade info is here http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=upgrading

Jojo

8 March 2009 at 7:00pm

Hey thanks for the help guys,
I'm in the process of updating to 2.3 but it doesnt seem to be working when I switching over to the new files. All i get is an empty html document. Im wondering if its because the web host isn't allowing me to add a .htaccess file (atleast they dont show up on 2 different ftp programs I've used) its currently hosted on freeparking so I'm not sure if this could be causing issues with upgrading?

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

9 March 2009 at 8:17am

You should probably start a new thread for this issue.

.htaccess files are often hidden, but you should still be able to override them.

Also, are you in dev mode? It is possible that you're not seeing the error messages. Try adding this to your _config.php

Directory::set_environment_type('dev');

But don't reply to this thread - start a new one in the upgrading forum.

Jojo

11 March 2009 at 1:19pm

Yes, I will start a new thread in the upgrading section. The problem turned out to be that the site needed more hosting space! However there are still problems with the template not working and I will take that question to Upgrades.

On this original topic though, is there a module I can add to version 2.2.2 for secure file uploads as that would be a simpler solution! I don't need the upgrade for any other reason as the website works fine for the client apart from Google indexing the pdfs.

Go to Top