Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Content Editor Discussions /

Forum for content editors and CMS users.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Insert link in html editor. Unwanted html tag selected, cause runtime error, IE related.

Go to End

5 Posts   3714 Views

Ben_W

Community Member, 80 Posts

7 April 2011 at 4:22pm

I have recently built a site using silverstripe 2.4.5, I am running into this problem in IE.

Let's say you have one paragraph which is just one short phrase in you main content. For instance 'find out more'. In IE7, If you highlight this sentence, and then click 'Insert Link' image button. In the right hand Link column. The link text field will also include the '<p>' tag wrap around this sentence. Clicking the 'insert link' button on this form will result in following error.

'An error occurred. Please try again, or reload the CMS if the problem persist.'
'Error details: Unknown runtime error'

If I manually remove the '<p>' tag from the link text field, then click 'insert link', it will work fine. In firefox, repeat the above process, the '<p>' will not be included as part of the link text.

This error also applies to 'list'. Say you created a unordered list, highlight any list element, full line of course, then the '<li>' tag will gets included in link text field under IE7. same error.

If you highlight partial sentence, say one word out 'find out more', like highlighting 'out', inserting link will work normal.

Has anyone come cross this issue? I could tell my client to use firefox to avoid this, unfortunately their work station only have IE, installing any new software will require them to submit a support ticket and waiting for their IT department to do the new installation.

Any help will be deeply appreciated! Cheers.

steffik

Community Member, 15 Posts

7 April 2011 at 10:00pm

I'm afraid, i can't help - but i came across the same issue in IE8

Thank you for filing a bug report

SerenityIT

Community Member, 13 Posts

11 April 2011 at 9:14pm

Also getting this error when linking to a file to download.

This could be a situation that makes or breaks the decision to use silverstripe!

SerenityIT

Community Member, 13 Posts

14 April 2011 at 1:06am

I've just tested the fix that has been implemented but not merged into ss yet...

Seems to work

https://github.com/phalkunz/sapphire/blob/8ba438170ae6804dce31ecbe7c49f925191fa9d1/javascript/tiny_mce_improvements.js

JonShutt

Community Member, 244 Posts

14 October 2011 at 10:41am

Hi,

I;ve just used the newer code provided here. it fixed the issues of selecting a whole paragraph line <p>,
but i still get the error message when selecting the a full <li> item...
not much of an issue, but thought i'd point it out...