Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Content Editor Discussions /

Forum for content editors and CMS users.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Content editing woes!

Go to End

3 Posts   3187 Views

regnirps

Community Member, 9 Posts

17 December 2008 at 5:03am

Problem the first: So, I'm looking at my home page in the CMS. I want to add an image below some text. I hit the little tree image icon and upload a JPEG to assets/uploads. I select the image (I get only file names to choose from, no thumbnails), select Centered on its own, and Insert image. OK, looks good in the CMS. I save and publish. The published site has a little rectangle in Firefox and a place holding rectangle of the correct size in Safari. Viewing the source shows the HTM generated by Silverstripe has this for the image location: "assets/Uploads/_resampled/ResizedImage60070-Logo.gif". Guess what? No such file in the _resampled folder. The same thing happens with any images. If they are in a subfolder in uploads, then the HTML points to a non-existent _resampled folder within the subfolder.

Problem the second: I trashed all the images in the uploads folder to start fresh but the CMS thinks they are all still there. Rebuilt the DB, flushed everything I could think of. CMS says images are there. Try to edit one and the CMS doesn't say "no image", it crashes.

Any takers? I'm out of things to try and behind schedule. You can visit andahammer.com and view the source.

regnirps

Community Member, 9 Posts

17 December 2008 at 5:17am

Solved part of the second problem. If I switch to the Files & Images tab and look in the folders, they are correct. Go back to the Site Content tab. Now the Images right side bar shows everything correctly. Who'd a thunk?

Edit Image doesn't hard crash. Now it just spins forever. Funny thing is, even the CMS can't find the image if I switch tabs and back. Now there is a rectangle with broken image icon. Not surprising I suppose, since the referenced file doesn't exist.

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

22 December 2008 at 6:56pm

Could it be a permissions error on the assests folder? If it doesnt have permission to generate the resized image then it will stuff up