Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Content Editor Discussions /

Forum for content editors and CMS users.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Where are css files to edit - bullets not showing

Go to End

4 Posts   2594 Views

IronStraw

Community Member, 2 Posts

16 April 2014 at 6:56pm

Edited: 17/04/2014 8:32am

In the CMS editor I choose the bullets button but they do not show on the actual page. What CSS file do I need to change the <li> tag and where is it? I have changed the page to add a middot until I figure this out.

http://www.childrensartexperience.org.nz/programs/

There are 4 css files referenced on the page (someone else made the page & I am trying to edit it):

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/themes/simple/css/reset.css?m=1383038051" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/themes/simple/css/layout.css?m=1383038050" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/themes/simple/css/typography.css?m=1383038051" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/themes/simple/css/form.css?m=1383038050" />

Also, why do my pages not work with iPad and pinching to enlarge?

thanks all

IronStraw

Community Member, 2 Posts

18 May 2014 at 5:35pm

No answers??

128 views and no one can help me figure this out?

What about the moderators?

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

18 May 2014 at 9:10pm

Edited: 18/05/2014 9:10pm

Moderators, nor I, are not always available to provide free training on a free product. You have some nice documentation about Requirements, CSS and Typography, I suggest you to start there, it’s your best investment in the long term. Also, I can hardly believe you have not tried looking at the files present in your quoted code.

camfindlay

Forum Moderator, 267 Posts

18 May 2014 at 9:51pm

Hi there, this is more of a css and frontend web development question rather than something specific to SilverStripe. However, I would perhaps point you towards the following to find out more about how your site is styled.

If you are in a browser such as Chrome or FireFox you should be able to right click in your site (where the <li> are meant to be) and you'll usually have an option to "Inspect Element". This will show you the underlying html markup of your site and 'should' also show you the resulting css on the side.

I did this very quickly and it appears whomever designed your website did not account for styling <li> items as there does not seem to be any specific styles for this. And also the .typography class is missing from the main content block of your site which would apply any existing styles to do with <li> bundled with SilverStripe. See attached screenshot.

If you were going to edit the css yourself, you would usually put these in the typography.css because... a list item is part of your websites typography as opposed to its structural layout. Just note as mentions there is actually already a .typography ul li style there which is not being applied due to that missing .typography class somewhere in your html.

If in doubt please talk to your web developer.

Hope that helps.