Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Content Editor Discussions /

Forum for content editors and CMS users.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

updating TinyMCE editor

Go to End

4 Posts   3242 Views

Pierre

Community Member, 3 Posts

18 March 2009 at 11:38pm

Has anyone updated the editor with some of the other modules available. The basic set up does not have the capability I require with font colours and management

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

23 March 2009 at 11:07am

Hi Pierre

It's very simple to enable extra features of tiny MCE. There are plenty of reasons why giving clients control over font color/settings etc. is a really bad idea for design/markup reasons, which is why they are disabled by default, but I'll assume you know all that already :)

go to cms/javascript/tinymce.template.js

Go to line 32/33/34 and just add the names of the buttons you want on the tool bar. You can find a whole list of the buttons available on the TinyMCE side.

Hope that helps.

xcommum

Community Member, 10 Posts

1 May 2009 at 5:31am

This was very helpful, thank you. Took awhile to find the button control code for tinymce on their site, but eventually I found it and it's easy to add any any new icons for tools to the toolbar (including font color). It really should be in there by default, and if you dont like it or it causes problems then you can easily remove it, but really.. things like font color should definitely be there from the get go.

I would post your recommendation on this in a more public spot if you can, so more people know of the availability of adding on tools and how to do it, and how easy it really is.

Thanks again, Cheers.

Martin

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

1 May 2009 at 8:28am

Hi Martin

I think i will add it as a snippet to http://www.ssbits.com

Thanks for the suggestion! :)