Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Content Editor Discussions /

Forum for content editors and CMS users.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

iframe issue

Go to End

5 Posts   3173 Views

Magnus

Community Member, 2 Posts

27 May 2009 at 12:27pm

Hi all y'all!
I'd like to embed a Google calendar on a content page, but when I add the code to the html and update, the code just gets stripped out... what am I doing wrong?

Or is there another (better) way to integrate a Google calendar? Or other iCalendar compatible calendar?

Cheers
Magnus Hjert
Weta

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

4 June 2009 at 3:41pm

I believe the issue is that Google Calendar embedding is done via an IFRAME.

<iframe> ... </iframe> elements are currently automatically removed by SilverStripe's TinyMCE editor configuration so that is likely to be the cause of your problem.

However, 2.3.2, due out soon, will not remove IFRAMES, so this should provide you with what you want.

Would you like to install SilverStripe 2.3.2 RC 2, and see if your Google calendar works to your satisfaction, so that we know that the new release provides you with what you want?

Download from http://www.silverstripe.org/release-candidate/ and post your feedback here :))

Magnus

Community Member, 2 Posts

4 June 2009 at 3:46pm

Thanks Sigurd,
I'll have a chat with my frieds at DoubleClique about upgrading. I wouldn't do it just to get iframes, but there may be other compelling reasons. :-)

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

4 June 2009 at 3:57pm

Edited: 04/06/2009 3:57pm

Ok :)

FYI. 2.3.2 will provide a number of other small fixes and improvements, but is largely focused on improving support of website pages have multiple versions for different languages.

kudesign

Community Member, 64 Posts

3 August 2009 at 2:17pm

Edited: 03/08/2009 2:20pm

Hi Sigurd, i installed v2.3.2, everything looks great, first of all congratulations on a nice job!

I am working on a site that required bi-lingual, I got the translation mode to work, but can not get the language switcher to work.

The language chooser code for the template I found in SS doc:

<% if Translations %>
<ul class="translations">
<% control Translations %>
  <li class="$Locale.RFC1766">
    <a href="$Link" hreflang="$Locale.RFC1766" 
title="$Title">
    <% sprintf(_t('SHOWINPAGE','Show page in %s'),$Locale.Nice)%>
   </a>
  </li>
<% end_control %>
</ul>
<% end_if %>

This code does not work! I think there are typos, could you please check and updated the SS doc? Thanks in advance!!

I think the .Nice isn't working, as it did not print the name of the available language, and it required a space between '.Nice)' and '%>' other than that I have no idea how to fix this bug.

Joseph