Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Assign Advertisements in to selected pages

Go to End

3 Posts   1720 Views

Arun

Community Member, 8 Posts

18 February 2010 at 1:09am

Hi All,

I have developed one module (Advertisement) near to Site Content tab. In the Advertisement section i can add different types of ads and it will listed at the left side menu too. So which means, i have completed the Add/Edit/Delete functionality of the Advertisement section.
Now What i need is, I have to assign each ads in to selected pages ( Site-tree ). Since i am Newbie to this Silverstripe I don't have enough idea to How can i implement the Ad assign to the pages section. I have tired many ways but i can't implement that section.

What i need is after adding the ad I have to assign that particular ad in to the pages (site-tree). If a site tree shown in a popup with check box and check the needed page and save that change . This is what i need.

Please help me for developing this module. Any help would be much appreciated....

Thanks
Arun.

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

18 February 2010 at 3:09am

Hi Arun!

You don’t explain the ‘many ways’ you tried to do it and what issues did you found, but assuming that your Advertisement module is rather a Page or a DataObject, you’ll have to create a relationship between ads and pages. It’s quite easy: just follow the tutorial.

Hope it helps.
Juan

Arun

Community Member, 8 Posts

18 February 2010 at 3:47am

Hi Juan,

Thanks very much for your quick reply. I will go through the link that you have sent to me.

Thanks and Regards,
Arun.