Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Problems with translateable DataObject

Go to End

4 Posts   2423 Views

netnoise

Community Member, 10 Posts

28 February 2010 at 11:52pm

Edited: 01/03/2010 6:00am

Hi!

I have a multilanguage setup enabled with

Object::add_extension('SiteTree', 'Translatable');
Object::add_extension('Event', 'Translatable');

("Event" is the class name of my custom data object.)

When trying to view/edit a Data Object using the ComplextTableField the opening lightbox contains the following error message:

Debug::fatalHandler(256,Uncaught SS_HTTPResponse_Exception: I can't handle sub-URLs of a CMSMain object.,/var/www/silverstripe/sapphire/core/control/RequestHandler.php,287,Array)
line 650 of Debug.php

exceptionHandler(exception 'SS_HTTPResponse_Exception' with message 'I can't handle sub-URLs of a CMSMain object.' in /var/www/silverstripe/sapphire/core/control/RequestHandler.php:287
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/silverstripe/sapphire/core/control/RequestHandler.php(165): RequestHandler->httpError(404, 'I can't handle ...')
#1 /var/www/silverstripe/sapphire/core/control/Controller.php(147): RequestHandler->handleRequest(Object(SS_HTTPRequest))
#2 /var/www/silverstripe/sapphire/core/control/Director.php(283): Controller->handleRequest(Object(SS_HTTPRequest))
#3 /var/www/silverstripe/sapphire/core/control/Director.php(127): Director::handleRequest(Object(SS_HTTPRequest), Object(Session))
#4 /var/www/silverstripe/sapphire/main.php(122): Director::direct('/admin/EditForm...')
#5 {main})

Requested URL was: http://example.com/admin/EditForm/field/MyEvent/item/2/edit?ajax=1

Silverstripe 2.4 beta 1

Did I miss something?

theAlien

Community Member, 131 Posts

1 March 2010 at 3:04am

Hi,
I've no knowledge of multilanguage-setups.
But I noticed you're still using 2.3.4 beta1.
That's pretty old. The 2.3-branche is at 2.3.6 at the moment and there already is an 2.4.0 beta1 version available.

To sort out if your version is causing the error I would stick to the 2.3.6 stable though...

netnoise

Community Member, 10 Posts

1 March 2010 at 6:02am

Hi,

sorry, was a typo - I'm using 2.4 beta 1. :o)

kien vang

Community Member, 1 Post

7 March 2010 at 1:03am