Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Need help with multilingualcontent

Go to End

2 Posts   1534 Views

neuron

Community Member, 6 Posts

17 April 2010 at 1:34am

Edited: 17/04/2010 1:37am

Dear all!

Sorry for posing such a simple question but I am still a newbie with SilverStripe. So here we go: I have an englisch website up and running with SilverStripe and I just love it. So far everything works perfect and the layout is incredibly easy to customise. Now I try to get my site to run multilingual content. I want to translate all my English pages to Finish and German. Therefore I tried to implement multilingual content as described in this documentation http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=multilingualcontent

I can't get it work though :( Where exactly do I have to add the following code to?

Object::add_extension('SiteTree', 'Translatable');
I assume it has to be /mysite/_config.php or is it /cms/_config.php? What do sitetree and translateable stand for in the parenthesis? Will it let me translate "page"-type content?

Once this is done, where do I have to add the next bits of code like this one?

$translatedObj = Translatable::get_one_by_locale('MyObject', 'de_DE');
And what is the difference between the 4 types of code provided in the documentry?

Again, I am sorry to ask that many questions but I am not too familiar with php yet but eager to learn.
Best,
Torsten

PS: I forget to mention that I am using version 2.3.6 right now.

neuron

Community Member, 6 Posts

10 May 2010 at 8:55pm

I finally figured out myself: I simply added Translatable::enable(); to the confing.php and now it works.