Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Develeping a "clean sheet" web admin application using SilverStripe

Go to End

2 Posts   1576 Views

thepurpleblob

Community Member, 28 Posts

17 May 2010 at 11:07pm

Edited: 17/05/2010 11:08pm

Not sure that this is quite the right forum... however.

I am new(ish) to SilverStripe and want to harness the Sapphire framework to build a fairly substantial web administration interface for an existing project.

I really like the look and feel of the SS CMS. So I guess what I would be doing is throwing away the existing CMS and building something with a similar look and feel. The project is essentially a whole bunch of pages dealing with users and their access rights - nothing exciting - but it needs to look good.

Is SilverStripe the man for the job? I ask this before I spend a lot of time trying to figure things out. Bottom line, am I going to find enough documentation to get this done without too much stress?

Any pointers / advice / abuse would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

18 May 2010 at 7:35pm

building something with a similar look and feel.

How similar did you need? The easiest solution is leveraging the default behaviour - SS will load a admin.css file from your theme in the cms so if you wish to tweak colors, typography and handle just css / images changes then you should have no issues. For customizing some of the HTML you can put the .ss files from cms/templates/ in your theme as well and override them from that.