Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Making the CSS styles of a theme show in the editor

Go to End

2 Posts   1531 Views

JoelMurdoch

Community Member, 16 Posts

26 May 2010 at 10:46pm

Gentlemen,

Have been trying to get this working for about an hour and I have had enough. For such a well configured system, getting Silverstripe to show the same colours and fonts (ie: CSS) in the CMS as it does in the theme on site is frustrating in the extreme!!

Following instructions I found online, I edited typography.css in the theme's css folder and added the following...

.typography h1, .typography h2 {
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Geneva;
font-size: 12pt;
color: #ffcc00;
font-weight: bold;
}

Viewing the source code this css is loaded, and these classes show when viewing that css file. However, the font display in the CSS remains stubbornly the same.

Please help!!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

27 May 2010 at 6:52pm

Viewing the source code this css is loaded, and these classes show when viewing that css file.

Are you sure they aren't being overridden somewhere else (use the developer tools with your browser to check. Make sure you actually have a typography class on your front end template and that you have an editor.css in your theme which includes typography.css.