Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Saving warning alert

Go to End

5 Posts   1785 Views

m-phil

Community Member, 37 Posts

24 August 2010 at 7:09pm

The alert "WARNING: Your changes have not been saved." is always be displayed when logging in switching to other pages...

I have saved and published the site, log out, log in again and it shows the last page I have visited. This is correct but if I want to move the page, alert is blobbing up.

Any ideas? Is there a bug or can I handle it by deactivating "save the last visited page for users" and where?

PGiessler

Community Member, 47 Posts

12 September 2010 at 8:38pm

Hi m-phil,

it is very difficult to help you, because I have to analyse the request by the form. First of all I have to say, that I can't reproduce this bug. Do you have enough rights to move pages? Maybe you can get the me source code of your silverstripe installation, and I will try to reproduce and fix this one.

Best,
Pascal

m-phil

13 September 2010 at 9:38pm

hey pascal,

the problem occurs not only for editors, but also for me and I have all rights because I'm an admin (only in this member group).
I have compared this site with another and the bug doesn't exist there... The main difference is, that I have enabled Translatable for multi-lingual. Perhaps this could be a reason?

PGiessler

Community Member, 47 Posts

14 September 2010 at 8:28pm

Hey m-phil,

in my opinion this can't be the problem. Is there any javascript error, while the ajax request ? I would recommend, that you enable the debug environment and analyse the related methods for the request. Maybe your database has an error in the table and can't set the new value.

Best,
Pascal

m-phil

14 September 2010 at 9:48pm

mhm can't be, because saving and so on is possible and no other problems occur.
javascript is working well... I have implemented my own js to perform the usability for widget areas in the backend but I also thought about that and after deactivating the problem was still there, so it should be something different.

I will install it again and check if the problems are already there with my customized system...