Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Checking user accounts on login

Go to End

3 Posts   997 Views

Parker1090

Community Member, 46 Posts

5 February 2012 at 12:19pm

Hi All,
Please bear with me - still a newbie to this (but I like it and willing to learn!)

I've successfully extended the member table in the database, to contain information on address, telephone number etc., as well as two fields for 'AcceptTerms' (Boolean), and 'Enabled' (also boolean). What I need to do is, check if the account has been activated or not, and only allow the log in if it has, otherwise reject them.

The other thing I need to do, is if 'AcceptTerms' is false, display a link to the terms and conditions, and allow them to accept (update field, and continue with login).

As I said, I'm willing to learn, so I'm looking for more of guidance rather than answers. Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

Many Thanks,
Matt

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

8 February 2012 at 9:24pm

Check out this tutorial - http://www.ssbits.com/tutorials/2009/custom-login-form-with-group-based-redirection/. The custom login form is what you'll be wanting to do.

Parker1090

Community Member, 46 Posts

9 February 2012 at 11:45pm

Thanks - will take a look and have a go.

Thank you :)