Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Application User Interface to MySQL database in Silverstripe

Go to End

3 Posts   1175 Views

CMSPlayer

Community Member, 25 Posts

27 March 2012 at 5:12pm

Hi there,

I have this question logged with Silverstripe helpdesk a while ago but I couldn't get any help as I wasn't aware using SilverStripe helpdesk is pre-paid IT service. Thus I'm going to rehash my question on this forum.

"Can someone please assist with this query? I want someone who can tell me how do I have a Windows application (which it'll be developed as MS Access) to look up the data from the mysql database?
Since silverstripe framework uses mysql as the main back-end database, I'm wondering how can I accomplish with having Windows app to collect this data from SilverStripe's mysql database since it's hosted on our web hosting company.
Hope this makes sense.
Let me know if you need further info."

Hope this makes sense.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

28 March 2012 at 8:33pm

SS can run on a number of backends not just MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres etc. It looks like you can connect access to mysql (http://www.washington.edu/itconnect/web/publishing/mysql-access-3.5.html)

CMSPlayer

Community Member, 25 Posts

29 March 2012 at 8:57pm

Hi Willr,

I think this is precisely what I've been looking for!

I'm going to give this a go on my local development environment and test its functions.

Super!

Thanks mate!