Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

creating a Search query

Go to End

webdeb

Community Member, 22 Posts

23 May 2012 at 1:01pm

Edited: 23/05/2012 1:33pm

Hi
I have just installed my first silverstripe on localhost test site and have installed data object manager too, but I dont yet know if its needed, in creating a specific site search query based on two variables. it is going to be for a property let site (holiday baches) and I assume I only have to create content pages as html tables, to list bach number#, price per night, number of bedrooms, number of bathrooms, and location.
I will be creating a sub list for properties that fall under headings: studio,one bedroom, two, three etc, and each one on list I will hyperlink to the full details page of each property.
Then, I want to create a search query on left column, that works on search by budget (price per night) and number of bedrooms. How do I do that, is there a tutorial for this kind of thing? I need to have a shortlist that is easily hyperlinked, so viewers can click on the full description page.

Setting up properly: So should I just go ahead and create my listings just using ordinary html tables, and headings, and this ground work will make all 50 properties searchable via a query? Or are there other rules which I should follow when creating my lists.

If the search query is not something easily created is there someone that can quote me a price to do this for me, if I lay out all the content?