Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Custom Data Query and Form for Display

Go to End

b00mtastik

Community Member, 18 Posts

21 August 2013 at 4:40pm

Hey SilverStripers,

I need some help, as I've been at this for long I might be skipping the simplest thing in order to get this to work as I need it.

I have an extension on Member with some custom variables for the users that log on. I also have a DataObject called KPI for storing data which I upload via ModelAdmin, that makes it nice and easy.

Currently, I'm trying to create a page where a list of members come into a drop down box, at which point a user chooses a member and the form then submits the member chosen for SS to find the data according to the relationship between members and KPIs and display it, ON THE SAME FORM PAGE so as to not have to back a page every time a user wants to view another members data.

So one page, with a form, that selects the member of who's data you want shown, and then data gets displayed, with the form still at the top in order to allow instant member switching.

I cannot get this to work, at all. I'm out of ideas, and some help would be amazing. Pointers, directions even, I can haz map?

Thanks in advanced.

-b00mer