Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Silverstripe Login & Other Sites

Go to End

4 Posts   1951 Views

Parker1090

Community Member, 46 Posts

5 December 2013 at 10:23am

Edited: 05/12/2013 10:24am

Hello!

I have 2 systems running side by side, but they're using 2 different log in systems. One's a custom built system (PHP), running at for example, 'customscript.example.com', and then SilverStripe running at example.com.

I want to integrate these 2 going into the new year, but only in terms of user log ins. So, how easy would it be to use the SilverStripe log in forms and methods to log into both systems at once? Where on Earth do I start with this?

Thanks in advance!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

11 December 2013 at 9:11pm

Depends how your custom system is built and what you want to use as your 'source' database and your slave. I would recommend SilverStripe be your master. In that case you need to push any SS logins to your custom app. SilverStripe does give you a hook to do this in Member 'memberLoggedIn' (https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/blob/3.1/security/Member.php#L401) which you could push the login state too. To get users for custom.example.com to login to the main app you could try link them to example.com/Security/login?BackURL=http://custom.example.com

if you want to use it as a slave then SilverStripe includes an ability to log users in programmatically which you could write a script for.

$member = Member::get()->filter('Email', 'will@mail.com');
$member->logIn();

Parker1090

19 December 2013 at 1:52am

Thanks Will. I would use SilverStripe as the master database, so I'll give the 'BackURL' a go.

Any problems, I'll be back! :)

Parker1090

19 December 2013 at 3:53am

Looking into this now, and just curious - how would I know if a log in is successful, and who is logged in just by using the SilverStripe form? Is there a post variable used?

As it's going from main to sub domain, the cookie isn't transferred, so just trying to get this to link up.