Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

I wanna make a sidebar, but how?

Go to End

37 Posts   20084 Views

UrbanGrocery

Community Member, 5 Posts

28 February 2011 at 6:51pm

Thank you. these instructions worked for sharing custom fields form one page (my home page) to other pages.

Wyman

Community Member, 9 Posts

26 April 2011 at 5:13am

For anyone in the future that is reading this post, like myself, I think you would like to have a working link to Aram's website tutorial to do what is talked about in this post. I found it on the site he mentioned, but in an archive now:
http://archive.ssbits.com/create-a-static-sidebar/
I couldn't get any of the code in these posts to work for me, but his tutorial he wrote worked on the first try for me!
I'm pretty new to silverstripe so I also enjoyed the site that the tutorial is on, I found a few other really nice tutorials on that same site, ssbits.com.

CHD

Community Member, 219 Posts

11 June 2011 at 4:02am

this may come in handy for anybody who wants to easily include forms in a sidebar or any other area of the site, without controlling a hidden page:

http://www.clickheredigital.co.uk/blog/how-to-include-a-silverstripe-form-on-any-every-page/

Naren

Community Member, 21 Posts

21 September 2013 at 5:44pm

Hi Aram,

I was creating a sidebar on my theme but when I put the the php files, admin does not work properly it shows 'there is some error'

I am using silverstripe 3.0 please guide me how to do that and rectify the issue

Thanks in advance

MrEerie

Community Member, 3 Posts

6 February 2014 at 5:05am

Hey guys! I know this post is somewhat ancient, but here I am stuck with the same problem as martin_w had: when I upload the SidebarPage and run dev/build I can't seem to create a new sidebar page within the admin panel. The screen just turns blank and nothing happens. Surprisingly, however, when I delete the SidebarPage.php file I am able to open the editor for the SidebarPage within the admin panel. Andyone an idea on how martin_w solved that problem? I also tried Aram's tutorial on ssbits but the problem remains exactly the same.

Go to Top