Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Business process modelling?

Go to End

2 Posts   1931 Views

pe3

Community Member, 2 Posts

13 January 2009 at 8:52am

Hello Silversurfers!

How suitable do you think SilverStripe is for modelling a bidding process? Users with different access privilleges would see the process depending on their role. Different kinds of media, users and companies would be attached to the process.

The business case is question is Carrotmob Finland. Carrotmob organizes consumers to make purchases that give financial rewards to those businesses who agree to make socially beneficial choices. See video for a brief description of the idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUz0kM1u_jk

Thank you very much in advance!

Petri

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

14 January 2009 at 7:05am

Hi,

I would say go for it. I have done a lot of work with SilverStripe, and really confident in it.
The sapphire is is highly reliable, and as it is a framework you will be able to do your coding stuff more easily saving loads of time.

And as the ORM is implemented you dont have to worry about how to run queries and stuff, Also you will benefit a lot from the CMS backend.

Also you can enjoy lots of help, you can use the forums, and the IRC for help, and the documentation too which is brilliant.

I can find a lot of advantages in Using SilverStripe for such a large project.

Good luck,