Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Custom login page type

Go to End

8 Posts   13288 Views

Phill

Community Member, 81 Posts

6 March 2009 at 11:31pm

Hi

The defualt login form currently uses the Page.ss template does anyone know what i would need to call a template file to control the view of the login form page.

Thanks

Big Bang Creative

Community Member, 92 Posts

17 March 2009 at 10:10pm

I need to know this aswel

Ben Gribaudo

Community Member, 181 Posts

18 March 2009 at 2:05am

Edited: 18/03/2009 2:05am

If you want to wrap the login form with a layout template, name the template Security_login.ss. You'll want to include the $Content variable (and $Form, I think) in that template.

The form elements for the login form are assembled by the current Authenticator. If you are using SilverStripe's default (MemberAuthenticator), the form is generated by sapphire\security\MemberLoginForm.php.

Hope this helps!
Ben

micahsheets

Community Member, 165 Posts

18 April 2009 at 5:26am

To get this to work I had to name my template file Security.ss instead of Security_login.ss. Security_login does not exist and the actual page is called Security and it has an action called login.

Ben Gribaudo

18 April 2009 at 8:41am

What version of SS are you using? Did you put the Security_login.ss file in templates/ or in templates/layout/?

Ben

mrmoree

Community Member, 1 Post

21 June 2009 at 10:45am

Edited: 21/06/2009 10:45am

Hi,
where do i have to place my Security_login.ss File?

thanks

oliver

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

22 June 2009 at 12:33am

The Security_login.ss belongs in the templates directory of your project folder (usually "mysite"). If you're using a themed site, it should be located in the appropriate themes directory.
I haven't tried it with a themed site yet, but it definitely works for a "non-themed" site.

Ben Gribaudo

23 June 2009 at 12:26am

Edited: 23/06/2009 12:27am

Yes, a custom Security_login.ss works with themed sites, too.

FYI--related to what you're trying to do--there is/was a bug where the login form's contents sometimes would be in $Content and other times in $Form. See http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/3750 for a fix.

Ben