Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Title and content fields gone in the CMS??

Go to End

6 Posts   1883 Views

Hat-Rack

Community Member, 12 Posts

7 March 2009 at 8:46pm

I have just logged into my CMS and there seems to be some title and content fields missing!

Please see the attached screenshots. When I click on Point 5 (1st screenshot) all is fine as there are areas where I can enter information into. When I click on any other tab except point five (In this case point1, point2, point3 and point 4) I get a blank page with no textboxes to enter information into.

This is quite a weird problem. Was running fine a few days ago. I did upgrade the site to 2.3.0 but why would point 5 work while the others dont?

Wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Attached Files
Hat-Rack

10 March 2009 at 8:10am

I'm still stuck on this issue, has anyone come across this before?

Anatol

126 Posts

10 March 2009 at 12:34pm

Edited: 11/03/2009 12:46pm

Hi,

It's hard to say anything based on the screenshots. How did you add the fields and tabs in the CMS? Something like ...

class Page extends SiteTree {

public static $db = array(
        "point1title" => "Text",
        "point2title" => "Text"
        // etc
    );

function getCMSFields() {
        $fields = parent::getCMSFields();
        $fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointOne", new TextField("point1title", "Title")); 
        $fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointTwo", new TextField("point2title", "Title")); 
        // etc
        return $fields;
    }

// etc ...

Some code would be easier to troubleshoot.

Cheers!
Anatol

Hat-Rack

11 March 2009 at 9:55am

Here is my code:

class HowPage extends Page {
   static $db = array(
	'item1Title' => 'Text',
	'item1Content' => 'HTMLText',
	'item2Title' => 'Text',
	'item2Content' => 'HTMLText',
	'item3Title' => 'Text',
	'item3Content' => 'HTMLText',
	'item4Title' => 'Text',
	'item4Content' => 'HTMLText',
	'item5Title' => 'Text',
	'item5Content' => 'HTMLText',

);
   static $has_one = array(
   );

$fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content', new TabSet('PointOne'));
	$fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content', new TabSet('PointTwo'));
	$fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content', new TabSet('PointThree'));
	$fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content', new TabSet('PointFour'));
	$fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content', new TabSet('PointFive'));
	$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointOne.Title", new TextField('item1Title','Title')); 
	$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointOne.Content", new HTMLEditorField('item1Content','Content')); 
	$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointTwo.Title", new TextField('item2Title','Title')); 
	$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointTwo.Content", new HTMLEditorField('item2Content','Content')); 
	$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointThree.Title", new TextField('item3Title','Title')); 
	$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointThree.Content", new HTMLEditorField('item3Content','Content')); 
	$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointFour.Title", new TextField('item4Title','Title')); 
	$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointFour.Content", new HTMLEditorField('item4Content','Content')); 
	$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointFive.Title", new TextField('item5Title','Title')); 
	$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointFive.Content", new HTMLEditorField('item5Content','Content')); 
	return $fields;
	} 
}

class HowPage_Controller extends Page_Controller {

}

Funny thing is I haven't touched this page. What I have done is upgrade to SS 2.3.0 and migrated everything to a host. The database came across fine as there is old information in it that displays on the page fine. I just cant see any fields in the CMS to update the information. It's a weird prob!

Anatol

126 Posts

11 March 2009 at 11:11am

Hi,

yes, really weird why it does not work since you updated to Silverstripe 2.3 . I had a quick try with your code in my Silverstripe 2.3 installation and made a few modifications, and it worked. You don't have sub tabs for title and content any more - but from a usability point of view I would keep both fields under one tab anyway. try this instead:

$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointOne", new TextField('item1Title','Title'));
		$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointOne", new HTMLEditorField('item1Content','Content'));
		$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointTwo", new TextField('item2Title','Title'));
		$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointTwo", new HTMLEditorField('item2Content','Content'));
		$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointThree", new TextField('item3Title','Title'));
		$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointThree", new HTMLEditorField('item3Content','Content'));
		$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointFour", new TextField('item4Title','Title'));
		$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointFour", new HTMLEditorField('item4Content','Content'));
		$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointFive", new TextField('item5Title','Title'));
		$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.PointFive", new HTMLEditorField('item5Content','Content'));
		return $fields;
}

The "new TabSet" is not even necessary.

Cheers!
Anatol

Hat-Rack

11 March 2009 at 6:55pm

Well, believe it or not, I put that code in and it solved it. Very weird. It's laid out much better now. Thanks very much for your help Anatol!