Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Doing a key registration system

Go to End

5 Posts   2069 Views

pbertrand

Community Member, 8 Posts

16 April 2009 at 9:35pm

Edited: 17/04/2009 12:13am

Hello,

For my work I'm creating a registration system in order to give users an encrypted key that will work with our software. We want to have a registration system and a creation and renewal system for encrypted keys.

To do that i need :
1) A registration system for users with customised informations
2) A Validation link for the registration
3) A page that allow the user to consult/modify his data
4) A form to demand a new key or a renewed one

I've got some problem, can you help me :
- I'm new in developing in Silverstripe (but I'm an experienced developer)
- I've already seen how to custom pages and templates, but I'm am wondering how to do what I want :
- Do I need to use the User system of Silverstripe and how to, or is it possible to have my own User management sytem not related with Silverstripe users ( i would prefer)
- For the generation of the key I've got a Java class. Is it possible to use it when i submit a custom form.

Thanks.

Configuration :
Silverstripe 2.2.3
Serveur LAMP

pbertrand

22 April 2009 at 7:42pm

I've created all my pages and a loggin system with the Session::get et Session::set functions.
I need now to call my java class to generate the key do anyone know how to do it ? I've heard about REST is it appropriate in this case ?
I also need to have a dynamic form (a part of the form that hide itself if an item is checked), i've thougt of putting some javascript in the template file. But is there a cleaner way to do it ?

pbertrand

28 April 2009 at 3:54am

For those who want to know, my application now works perfectly.

I've use my own page type by using the sapphire framework and put a loggin system over my site by using the Session::set() and Session::get() system. And for my java class who generate the keys, i have used an exec command on a jar i put on the server.

david_nash

Community Member, 55 Posts

12 May 2009 at 12:00pm

Thanks pbertrand. Did you end up using the Silverstripe user system or did you do your own user management?

pbertrand

12 May 2009 at 11:04pm

I used my own user management. I don't know if it is the best way to do it, but with my own system the users who register don't have access to the admin part of silverstripe. And I can also make pages who can be seen only by our members (like the administration pages for example a page which shows all the registered users and how many key they have asked).