Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Image Upload not working with security group

Go to End

33 Posts   11954 Views

Roweena

Community Member, 28 Posts

13 May 2009 at 11:54pm

I've set up a security group with access to files and images (asset admin), access to site content and access to all CMS interfaces but when logged in this security group is not able to upload images via the Files & Images Upload tab, I just get an error "File is not a valid upload".
This group can upload if I change it's permissions to full administrative rights, which obviously I don't want to do.
I've seen other posts on the forum relevant to earlier versions of ss, I'm using 2.3.1 and the fixes don't apply/work.

DoofusDog

Community Member, 9 Posts

21 May 2009 at 11:42am

I am having the same issue and not finding anything to work. Has anyone found a fix for this?

derralf

Community Member, 28 Posts

11 August 2009 at 12:44am

i'm having the same problem (SS 2.3.3).
(How) did you solve it?

DoofusDog

Community Member, 9 Posts

11 August 2009 at 1:59am

We never have... just ended up giving the client full access to the admin. I don't know what we would do in a multiple user scenario. This is a big bug in my opinion and am disappointed that the newest version didn't correct this.

Harley

Community Member, 165 Posts

24 November 2009 at 12:19pm

Hi,

Did you guys ever find your answer to this? If not then this may help http://ssorg.bigbird.silverstripe.com/all-other-modules/show/271768#post271768

lets_be_loopy

Community Member, 3 Posts

26 November 2009 at 12:35am

I have the same problem (v. 2.3.1).

The developer working with me found that commenting the Validate function in the sapphire/filesystem/upload.php file did the trick, but we can't remove this security function !!!
(Info : this function checks if the file was sent via http)

The question is : why does the permission interfere with this function ?

dendeffe

Community Member, 135 Posts

19 December 2009 at 6:30am

Having the same problem.

Unless the user doesn't have Full Admin right, when I try to upload something, I get the 'file is not a valid upload' error. Afterwards, the screen is messed up (see screenshot) it seems that all tabs are displayed at once. The strange thing is that it remains that way, even if I log in with another user that has Full Admin Rights. Closing and reopening the browser fixes the display problem.

I don't have this problem with the site on my local server.
The online server does have safe_mode enabled.

Attached Files
RonnieH

Community Member, 14 Posts

22 December 2009 at 4:43am

The exact same problem bugs me, I have had to resort to giving all content editors full admin-rights... hope they don't break anything. :-(

Go to Top