Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

CMS Content Approval

Go to End

3 Posts   1968 Views

Andrew Houle

Community Member, 140 Posts

3 July 2009 at 4:41am

I'm working on a large site that will have many content managers. I've tried working w/ the CMS workflow module, but it is quite buggy right now. And I can't get it to work at all in 2.3.2. I've built in a simple canPublish() function setup so only the admin can publish. But I would like the content managers to be able to request publication because as it stands now we will have no way of determining if they are still working on their draft. So my question is, does anyone know an easy way to create a Request Publication button in the CMS that sends an email to the site admins with the page url in the cms that needs to be published?

Thanks in advance.

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

10 July 2009 at 8:44am

Your best bet is to use the workflow module, rather than building "request publication" yourself. Try out the module with our current trunk, there's a couple of compatibility issues with branches/2.3. They will be most likely fixed with the next minor release.

Andrew Houle

Community Member, 140 Posts

10 July 2009 at 11:32pm

Hi Ingo,

Thanks for your response! I went away from the cms workflow module after having errors when I upgraded to SS 2.3.2. Using the latest trunk, I get this error in the CMS: [User Error] DataObject::getComponents(): Unknown 1-to-many component 'WorkflowRequests'

Any ideas on how to get that working properly?