Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Loading alternate CMS CSS based on Member Groups

Go to End

2 Posts   1680 Views

entercow

Community Member, 13 Posts

5 July 2009 at 2:12pm

Edited: 05/07/2009 2:13pm

Hi All!

I've been using SS for a while now and have built lots of really cool functionality. However, I have a quick challenge that I'm not sure how to complete.

I want to be able to load a particular CSS file when a certain member group logs into the CMS. Basically I have duplicated the layout.css file to layout_simple.css which sets the top menu, left pane, and bottom menu to display:none. Essentially hiding everything except the main content window pane.

All I want to do is load that CSS file for particular member groups in the security tab. So some admins will log in and see the standard CMS, and others will log in and see the 'simplified' cms.

Can any of you point me in the right direction? I've built tons of front end functionality, but haven't done too much in the back-end yet.

Thanks!

entercow

Community Member, 13 Posts

19 August 2009 at 11:48pm

I've back-burner-ed this for the last couple months, but now I need to get it done. So I'll be working on it today and will report back if I figure it out.