Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Adding a Formaction in cms?

Go to End

3 Posts   1461 Views

Rajid

Community Member, 2 Posts

30 July 2009 at 1:40am

Hello!

I have almost migrated my whole site from my old crappy CMS to Silverstripe. Everything has worked like a charm. Until the final last task.

I have a script running in the background collecting data from various sources. This script is triggered from the CMS.

I have understood from other posts in this forum that the way to call actions in the CMS is to insert an iframe. However, my CMS is located on a different domain for security reasons and therefore i cannot use iframes.

Are there any other way to trigger an action in the CMS except with iframes?

All the field in the admin is created using getCMSContent as described in the tutorial, and i just want to have one button, calling a method.

Are there any good ways to archieve this?

Rajid

Community Member, 2 Posts

30 July 2009 at 7:28pm

Doesn't anyone know a solution or haven't i described the problem well enough?

My current solution is to have an action on the regular domain, eg. www.mydomain.com/dobackground job. Which i call when i want the job to be run. But there must be a way to call an action in the admin interface, which is at admin.mydomain.com.

I would be more than happy if someone just could point me in the right direction. It's acctually quite advanced to figure this one out by myself by just looking at the code, without acctually really knowing where to look.

Thanks in advance.

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

23 August 2009 at 12:57pm

I don't know why <iframes> wouldnt work for your case here - just use a custom controller rendered in the iframe, maybe with a small SilverStripe form (or even just a link) to trigger the action. Neither of those solutions impose domain restrictions. Inserting an iframe in getCMSFIelds() is usually done via LiteralField, we don't have a dedicated formfield for iframes.