Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Problem creating new pages using IE6

Go to End

4 Posts   1621 Views

AlexR

Community Member, 3 Posts

22 August 2009 at 2:56am

For some reason, IE6 just hangs when you press the 'Create' button from the Site Content and Structure menu on one instance of silverstripe. Neither the drop down menu or the go button are shown. This functionality seems to work in all other browsers. I have even seen this work in a different instance of silverstripe using the same IE6 browser.

Has anyone got any ideas as to why this would stop working?

A little background:
I have created 3 additional page types: Home page, Service page and a Service Search page.
I have amended the default page type.
I have added the HTMLContntWidget and made it available on all pages.
I have also had to edit the tinymce javascript files to enable the HTMLContent widget to be removed.

I'll post the changes I've made if anyone thinks that will help.

Thanks in advance
Alex

baba-papa

Community Member, 279 Posts

23 August 2009 at 8:16am

Just don´t use IE and the problem is gone for shure. IE´s are every programmers doom. If people wouldn´t use IE, our work would be much more fun.

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

23 August 2009 at 11:32am

Internet Explorer is here to stay. But people should really start to say goodbye to IE 6. This browser is now about eight years old. Honestly, what other programs from that time are you using?

I'm not saying a website shouldn't work in a lot of browsers, Mostly I still do compatibility tests with IE 6 and even pay attention that a website degrades nicely in older browsers (as all web-developers should). But for a CMS, which is only used by a limited amount of users, I think one could convince the users to use another browser.

COGO

Community Member, 4 Posts

31 August 2009 at 4:11am

I agree. No pointing in making a CMS work in IE6. It's dead and gone (nearly). You may as well expect it work in Netscape!