Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Translatable Problems

Go to End

2 Posts   1708 Views

rainerh

Community Member, 23 Posts

26 August 2009 at 8:37pm

Edited: 26/08/2009 8:37pm

Hello everybody,

I'm building a web site with multilingual content. I've followed the steps according to http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=multilingualcontent:
1) Default Installation of Silverstripe
2) adding "Object::add_extension('SiteTree', 'Translatable'); Translatable::set_default_locale('de_DE');" to mysite/_config.php
3) running /dev/build

Everything seemed OK so far. Unfortunately when I go into the administration menu the "Site Content" menu button is shown twice. I've attached a screenshot.

Does somebody know what could have went wrong here?

Attached Files
rainerh

Community Member, 23 Posts

3 September 2009 at 2:42am

Edited: 03/09/2009 2:43am

OK, problem solved. There was a class that inherited from LeftAndMain. When the CMS menu ist build all classes that are subclasses from LeftAndMain are included automatically.
In my opinion there should be some property (which can be set to true by default) if the class should be shown in the menu.
The only way to remove a menu item is to add a line to _config.php which exectutes CMSMenu::remove_item($code). IMHO a property would be the more elegant solution. If needed I could provide a patch for that matter...