Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Data Model Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

ModelAdmin / LeftAndMain - Question regarding a Dashboard

Go to End

baconlorange

Community Member, 1 Post

16 February 2017 at 12:32am

Hi,

I have a ModelAdmin (and also a LeftAndMain as I tried out several things) which contains several DataObjects. In the ModelAdmin this works absolutely as it should.

As the ModelAdmin manages several DataObjects I had the Idea of something like a Dashboard which I want to display, once a Backend User clicks on my ModelAdmin.

On this Dashboard I want to display for example some data from the DataObjects and give the user the possibility via a click to get directly to this DataObject.

But now the struggle start. What is a good way to implement this?
So far the only (and not nice way) i got it working, was to implement it via a new DataObject.

When I tried it via LeftAndMain I run into the issue that I had to overwrite the getEdit form and run then later into problems when I tried to access the geteditforms of the dataobject (which sub-urls which cant be handled).

I guess that there is already some kind of solution to this, but I was not able to really find something which gave me a good starting point.
Any Ideas are welcome.

Best regards,

Armin