Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Data Model Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

The Windows->Linux lowercase MySQL problem...

Go to End

5 Posts   3636 Views

MartinPhone

Community Member, 57 Posts

6 October 2010 at 4:56am

I've seen a few posts in the archive detailing various fixes to the migrating from a Windows to a Linux server. A lot of these posts are quite old, and a lot of the time the code snippets posted are already in the MySQLDatabase.php file, suggesting they'd have run already. But my database does still have only lowercase tables and it doesn't seem to work on the Linux box. So I'm a bit confused.

How do I fix this? I've naturally run dev/build plenty of times on the Windows box and I can't run dev/build on the linux box.

Is this even still an issue? Is it likely to be something else entirely?

sonet

Community Member, 33 Posts

6 October 2010 at 6:41am

Did you switch:

lower_case_table_names = 2

in your mysql.ini?

You can refer to for more infO:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/identifier-case-sensitivity.html

(deleted)

Community Member, 473 Posts

6 October 2010 at 7:23am

You need to run dev/build on the Linux box. There should be no reason why you can't.

MartinPhone

Community Member, 57 Posts

6 October 2010 at 9:37am

Edited: 06/10/2010 9:41am

Thank you for your replies!

I did switch

lower_case_table_names = 2 (on the windows box, then tried a dev/build) and it gave the same 'cannot respond' error - (I had assumed because it wasn't finding the tables it wanted).

But of course if the vanilla dev/build should work on the linux box without any problems, and rename the tables ... then I guess the server can't be configured correctly... at least I know where to look. Just needed confirmation that it wasn't the issue. Thank you.

edit: What would be the harm in setting lower_case_table_names = 1 on the linux box?... just wondering... haven't tried it yet. :)

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

12 October 2010 at 9:41pm

Some previous discussions and a reopened ticket on that one: http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/2476 - patches welcome :)