Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Data Model Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Adding Comments to DataObjects

Go to End

20 Posts   6857 Views

XorPush

Community Member, 10 Posts

9 September 2011 at 7:35pm

I have installed the module, enabled it to comment a DataObject, the only problem is that I cant access comments in CMS, I am getting a MySql error "where clause is ambiguous " ,- I don!t want to paste here the whole query.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

10 September 2011 at 12:10pm

silas - the comments module is very alpha at this stage and cms moderation is one of the areas that hasn't been worked on it. If you use the module and need that functionality please contribute your fixes back to the github repo. Thanks!

XorPush

Community Member, 10 Posts

26 September 2011 at 9:06pm

Thanks for Your answer!
Sorry for the late answer, I've been working on something else.
Sure, if I make something that is good enough quality, I will post it !

seattlem

Community Member, 1 Post

15 October 2011 at 4:10pm

Is anybody working on this? I am making progress on it, but I don't want to duplicate someone else's work.

Willr

15 October 2011 at 8:32pm

Is anybody working on this?

No one as I am aware is working on the comments module at the moment. I will be needing to make sure its production ready for 3.0 as this will be the official comments add-on so patches / features welcome.

purplespider

Community Member, 89 Posts

3 December 2011 at 2:17am

Has anyone managed to successfully enable Page Comments on Data Objects yet? Really need this for a site I've just launched. Advice appreciated.

Thanks
James

Willr

13 December 2011 at 9:55pm

purplespider - if you *really, really* need it you can try - http://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-comments. But for a couple older sites I've just implemented my own commenting. You can copy, rename edit the default comments code, adapt it to fit your site. Won't be clean but you'll have comments!

purplespider

Community Member, 89 Posts

13 December 2011 at 11:07pm

Thanks Willr, but due to needing something up an running quickly, I've just gone ahead and used Disqus with SSO.