Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We're retiring the forums!

The SilverStripe forums have passed their heyday. They'll stick around, but will be read only. We'd encourage you to get involved in the community via the following channels instead:

Data Model Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Live table is empty


Go to End


3 Posts   993 Views

Avatar
landyman

Community Member, 11 Posts

20 July 2011 at 2:05am

Edited: 20/07/2011 2:33am

Hello -
After running a dev/build, there was an error when trying to repair a _Live table. Now, that _Live table is empty, and is pretty much hosed as far as I know since running a CHECK TABLE command comes up with a bunch of errors, and running REPAIR TABLE doesn't fix it.

Because all of the data is in the normal (not _Live) table, is there a way to just remove the _Live table and rebuild it? SS may do that on it's own, but I didn't want to try it first without asking.

Thanks.

Avatar
martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

21 July 2011 at 6:00am

Edited: 21/07/2011 6:00am

I was curious and thought I'd try it out by renaming SiteTree_Live. And no, SilverStripe doesn't rebuild it... :-) But you could easily do that yourself in PHPMyAdmin or some such, if you copy the statement from an earlier dump or a test-install... And renaming the table at least you still have it...

After that I could just batch republish my pages... So it's worth a try (a backup is very very advisable!!!) Better yet if you switch to a second database, if you have it, even better, best if you can set up a test site to do this...

Good luck!

Avatar
landyman

Community Member, 11 Posts

21 July 2011 at 7:10am

Hi martimiz -
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing -- I setup a different database and removed all of the data from the _Live table (keeping the structure intact). Then, I went into the admin and batch republished -- worked like a charm.

So, I went to the live DB and did it -- also worked.

Thanks for the reply!