Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Data Model Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

can't add new page type

Go to End

5 Posts   2996 Views

bebabeba

Community Member, 193 Posts

22 January 2009 at 6:32am

Hi!
Following documentation I create a new page type form my news. So I create StweekHolder.php and StweekPage.php (and StweekHolder.ss and StweekPage.ss).
After this I rebuild db so i edit: www.mysite/db/build?flush=1 and I see in blue colour that my database create this page.
The problem is that when I enter in my CMS and I try to create a new page (StweekHolder or StweekPage) in my curtain I can see my new page type.
Why?
Is there a maximum number of page type to create? I create other 3 page type like this with different name and I havn't problem.

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

22 January 2009 at 7:08am

hi bebabeba

this is usually a typo error, so make sure you have named your controllers correctly and that they match up with the filenames etc.

Aram

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

22 January 2009 at 7:54am

Also, it sounds obvious, but refresh your CMS page. The dropdown menu won't magically populate. :)

bebabeba

23 January 2009 at 9:00pm

Hi!
thanks for reply me!!I try your solution: I refresh my cms and I check my page type but everything is ok..This can be a server problem?

bebabeba

23 January 2009 at 9:06pm

I think the proble is connect to my database..Silverstripe tell me that write in db this page tipe but when I open db to check if the table exist, the table isn't create. Any idea?