Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Data Model Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Relating a page to itself

Go to End

2 Posts   1765 Views

MarcusDalgren

Community Member, 288 Posts

29 June 2009 at 9:48am

Hello.

Today I tried relating a page to itself and it kind of works. I have a situation where I'm creating a product catalog and the products can be related to eachother.

I set this up by letting the ProductPage both have a $many_many and a $belongs_many_many to itself. I ran this through the build and so far so good.

For editing I set up a ManyManyComplexTableField (see the attached file).

Now to my issues.
The first issue is that I want to get rid of the add product-button. I don't want the user to be able to add a page through this, just manage relationships between existing pages.

The second issue is that the relationship is not two sided in the way I had hoped. If I check the checkbox for Product 1 to be related to Product 2 and 3 then I want Product 1 to be checked on Product 2 and 3. This is not working right now.

Is there any way for me to write a custom getter method or something to show the relationships in a two sided fashion and is there any way to get rid of the add button?

Kindly, Marcus.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

29 June 2009 at 5:49pm

Number 1 is straight forward but #2 is a bit weird. #1 Just remove add an option in the permissions. For example below the user can only export or print (not delete or add)

$myTableListField->setPermissions(array(
  'export',
  'print'
));