Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Data Model Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Bad class to singleton() - Group_Unsecure

Go to End

2 Posts   3066 Views

FlorianH

Community Member, 33 Posts

2 July 2009 at 11:53pm

Edited: 03/07/2009 12:29am

After setting up a new DataBase on another Server, copying the Data from my old database to the new one (Import and Export) and changing the Data in the _config.php, I always get that Message, only db/build/ works. When disabling the dev-Mode in the config, I get an "WebSite Error" Message even at /db/build/.

I wonder where that Group_Unsecure comes from, I searched in the whole php Code and found nothing, in the MySQL Table I found it in the classname enum of the "Group" table. Deleting the 'Group_Unsecure' from the enum doesn't have any effect. /db/build/ will add it again.

I really need help on this, thanks in advance.

EDIT: I also tried to set up the tables by installing a fresh silverstripe and then use /db/build of my real working copy, same problem.

EDIT2: When I create the tables with /db/build instead of the install script or copying the database it works well except of having no administrator. Creating one with phpmyadmin (or copying the data from a working version to my new one) fails, too (same problem).

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

26 July 2009 at 8:09pm

FYI - this came up in the IRC channel. Manually emptying the silverstripe cache (usually your tmp directory) should fix the problem.

The cause in that case was an upgrade to a new version of SilverStripe that removed the Group_Unsecure class, but the manifest file still existed. It seems to be the install script isn't clearing the tmp folder first.

Added some more info to this ticket, which I believe is related:

http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/4288