Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Galleria integration with ImageGallery

Go to End

28 Posts   11791 Views

Aioli

Community Member, 10 Posts

12 November 2010 at 12:57pm

Hi,
Using this thread, I have managed to integrate Galleria into the DOM. I just have a couple of issues:
Uncle Cheese, you mentioned that the CSS is all messed up - is this why I can't find class="galleria-layout-unstyled" OR id="gallery-list" in any of the style sheets? So I'm not sure exactly what is controlling the styling of the Gallery. It works fine most of the time but sometimes the thumbnails don't line up tidily.
I'd like to have the main image showing when the page is first opened but my php skills are minimal so I'm not sure how to make this happen? At the moment only the thumbnails are visible at first until one is clicked to open the main image.
I'd also like to include a caption over the main image, although i may be able to work this one out myself.
Thats all for now I think!
Any advice would be a huge help!

Aioli

8 December 2010 at 1:48pm

Ok - i've figured out why the thumbnails were not lining up consistently - a javascript 'style' was affecting it.

Aioli

23 March 2011 at 10:32pm

I have followed the previous instructions in the thread to get Galleria working in my site. However when I view a gallery the main image doesn't load automatically. There is just a blank space above the thumbnails and the user has to click a thumbnail to manually load the main image.

You can see the site here:
http://www.neilmcleodupholstery.co.nz/marine-upholstery/album/suri

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Giotti

Community Member, 1 Post

17 April 2011 at 12:15am

Try this: http://www.mediafire.com/?pd5e8wtck20newd

Just unpack and put in the image_gallery/gallery_ui/

Not pretty, and (probably) not gracefully degradable (maybe Uncle Cheese can have a look at that), but works, FWIW. :)

Go to Top