Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Cant upload form my Computer ?

Go to End

29 Posts   6104 Views

XPD

Community Member, 2 Posts

9 December 2009 at 2:39pm

Hi,

Im new to using SS but working my way around it..... have been asked to add a photo album to SS so trying to use imagegallery but hitting a snag - Ive created an album, added a cover image, saved and gone to add photos to the album.

I get : Upload From my computer - but no buttons to click on etc.
Can see Import from an existing folder and the drop down to select folders which appears to work.

Why cant I upload from my computer ?

Running XAMMP on Windows 2003 Server on a local network (not hosted)

Have I missed something really really obvious ? :-p It probably is as Im new to this type of system having used Wordpress for my personal site for a few years.....but if i can get SS going here (at work) Ill be keen to use it for my own site :)

Thanks

Gavin/xpd

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

9 December 2009 at 3:26pm

Any Javascript errors? You have Flash installed? Does this demo work?

http://demo.swfupload.org/v220/applicationdemo/index.php

XPD

Community Member, 2 Posts

10 December 2009 at 11:27am

Edited: 10/12/2009 11:28am

No errors appearing in the browser, flash is installed. Tried with IE8 and latest Fx.
Demo works fine.

Heres what i see....

cumquat

Community Member, 201 Posts

11 December 2009 at 3:15am

Hi ya,

I've have a similar problem as XPD, although i can get as far as picking the file and it's only when i press the blue upload button i get

TypeError:Property 'onsubmit' of object#<an HTMLFormElement> is not a function error.

This was all wroking fine till i uploaded the image_gallery module now i get this error, weird.

Mick

UncleCheese

11 December 2009 at 3:46am

@cumquat - Can you make sure you're on the latest rev of swfupload, DOM, and image_gallery? I know swfupload went through some javascript changes recently. That might be the issue.

@XPD - In FF, try right clicking, this frame -> open in new tab. I have heard of cases where the lightbox conflicts with the flash component, but that's been rare. If editing the form in a new tab doesn't work, check again for JS errors in firebug. Those won't necessarily be reported when the form is nested in an iFrame like it is in the CMS.

cumquat

11 December 2009 at 4:33am

Ok am running the latest swfupload and image_gallery and i'm one release back on DOM, when i just uploaded the latest release the site ceased to work could'nt dev/build or access anything just white screan of death. Will try and upload again later when i get home.

Mick

UncleCheese

11 December 2009 at 4:43am

Might want to turn on error reporting so you have more to work with than a white screen of death. :)

cumquat

11 December 2009 at 4:45am

It's already on, just doesn't send me anything for this error, hey ho will try again in about 2 hours.

Go to Top