Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

DataObjectManager 2.4beta Compatability

Go to End

8 Posts   2796 Views

dizzystuff

Community Member, 94 Posts

12 February 2010 at 2:05am

Hi Uncle Cheese

Now that 2.4 beta is released and we definitely don't have a jsparty folder, do you have any idea/guesstimate on when a dataobject_manager [et al] module update might be released that addresses this (and possibly any other 2.4 clashes) ?

I've been dev'ing in 2.4 and just came across some issues.. leading me to here, only now realising that DOM is not yet 2.4 compatible. Of course I understand that working with a beta build comes hand in hand with compatability issues such as this... but even still, dang!

Thanks for an excellent handful of such useful modules, definitely appreciate the hard work you've put in to them :)

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

12 February 2010 at 3:31am

Yeah, one of the SS guys actually patched it for me, since he was doing a 2.4 alpha project for a client. It requires that I set up a new 2.4 branch of DOM and I've just been loath to getting around to doing that. I'll probably wait until 2.4 is stable.

dizzystuff

21 February 2010 at 9:38pm

Sorry UC, I forgot to subscribe to the topic <forehead-slap>

Thanks for getting back to me. Totally understand. I'm definitely waiting on the edge of my seat for that 2.4 branch, but won't hold my breath till 2.4 stable is out the door.

thanks again
dizzy

Gene

Community Member, 41 Posts

11 March 2010 at 7:56am

Hi UncleCheese,

Would it be possible for you to post the patch in the meantime? I have to get started on a project that requires 2.4.

Allisone

Community Member, 27 Posts

15 March 2010 at 4:12am

+1
Please post patch

2.4 needed for nested URLs
DataObjectManager needed for managing data objects :D

Thanks

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

15 March 2010 at 5:27am

The 2.4 patch is in, pending testing from my gracious base of users. Anyone want to update and give it a try?

dizzystuff

16 March 2010 at 4:20pm

Hey UC, I haven't had a full chance to put it through its paces, but my brief update and test shows Sorting (ie drag/drop sorting) working great!

w00t!

I have a chance tonight to give DOM a more thorough test, will let you know if I hit any issues. Currently I'm testing on the latest in /branches/2.4 as of Sunday night just gone.

Thanks for getting this patch into the repo!! Mucho appreciated :)

Cheers

Gene

Community Member, 41 Posts

16 March 2010 at 7:16pm

Edited: 16/03/2010 7:17pm

Awesome! Thanks so much UncleCheese. I'll be testing it thoroughly over the next couple weeks.