Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

ImageGallery images not showing up and a request

Go to End

18 Posts   5239 Views

Shauna G

Community Member, 52 Posts

19 February 2010 at 8:37am

Firstly, my primary issue: my images aren't showing up on my Image Gallery page. It only has one album, so it should just show the images, correct? The images have uploaded successfully and show up in the CMS, under the "Photos" tab, but nothing is getting converted to content on the rendered page. It puts in the necessary Javascript references, but that's it, Firebug shows an empty content area.

This is on my own theme that I created from scratch and it doesn't have an ImageGalleryPage template overriding the one in the module, though I also attempted to create one to override it, but it's not working, either.

Silverstripe 2.3.5
DOM 1.0
SWFUplad .6
ImageGallery 1.0

Also, I noticed that it errors if the dimensions for Album Cover Images (Configuration tab) aren't set, even if there aren't album cover images selected. Perhaps it would be a good idea to set a default value that isn't 0?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

19 February 2010 at 2:46pm

I'm not sure what version 1.0 is, but default values for the image sizes have been in ImageGallery for a long time. Look in your ImageGalleryPage.php:

static $defaults = array (
		'CoverImageWidth' => '100',
		'CoverImageHeight' => '100',
		'ThumbnailSize' => '85',
		'Square' => '1',
		'NormalSize' => '500',
		'MediaPerPage' => '30',
		'MediaPerLine' => '6',
		'UploadLimit' => '20'
	);

If you don't have that, you're in dire need of an upgrade.

Shauna G

20 February 2010 at 4:37am

I got it from the download page for it, which is also where the "Ultimate Guide" links to. It says the latest version is 1.0, and the download link points to r352. It does have a date of March of last year, so that might be the issue (and in which case appears to scrub the theory that it pulls from the repository every night, unless it just doesn't update the date).

UncleCheese

20 February 2010 at 4:43am

That's really surprising to me. I thought that ZIP file was kept up to date automatically from the repo. I'll look into that.

Shauna G

20 February 2010 at 4:45am

Well, I'm grabbing the version from the repo right now, so if they are different, it might fix the problems I've been having.

UncleCheese

20 February 2010 at 4:48am

Ok, looks like Silverstripe updated their Modules page with some new fields, and the SVN URLs got axed. Just put them back in for all my stuff.

Shauna G

20 February 2010 at 4:59am

Alright, so the update from the repo did add default values. It also fixed the missing upload from computer button issue that I had (but noticed a number of other posts regarding it). Don't know if it was something you changed or the simple act of updating that fixed it, but I'm not arguing (technically, my issue I think stemmed from trying to upload images via FTP because it's worlds faster, but it seems SS as a whole doesn't like that much, as I've ended up not only with quirks from image gallery, but base SS as well; Willr is already aware of this and I think he put a ticket in).

However, I still don't have images showing up on my gallery pages. They appear in the CMS side, but aren't showing up on the published pages. I don't currently have a gallery-specific template overriding the module templates. Should I have one? If so, what do I need to add for them to show up?

UncleCheese

20 February 2010 at 5:15am

Post a link and I'll take a look.

Go to Top