Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

ImageGallery images not showing up and a request

Go to End

18 Posts   5225 Views

Shauna G

Community Member, 52 Posts

20 February 2010 at 6:27am

Edited: 20/02/2010 6:27am

Goes specifically to a gallery page. Unless Page.ss somehow overrides the module templates, there's nothing overriding it. I've added about 40 images to that gallery page, so it should show up in a set of 3 columns and 4 rows, with more pages for the rest.

I am willing to make a custom template if needed, I just need to know what to put into it that will display the images.

Thanks for your help. :)

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

20 February 2010 at 6:56am

I don't see any Layout templates in your source code. Where's your $Layout variable?

Shauna G

20 February 2010 at 8:02am

Edited: 20/02/2010 10:40am

*Facepalm* Been working without it, since it didn't seem to do anything when I first started. I've added it now and it fixed my lack of image, but things are still a little wonky on the back end. I'm trying to import the images I've already uploaded, but I'm suddenly getting either a blank Lightbox or an error about trackback (I'll post it the next time I see the error, if you'd like).

The blank Lightbox window seems to stem from attempting to import large numbers of files. It seems some of the files are imported, but not all of them (perhaps if given enough time?).

The error has been happening with a different album, regardless of the number of images I attempt to import. Uploading from computer seems to work fine, it's just the import part that isn't working.

**Edit -- for some reason, using the import from another folder option will only import 7 images at once, and anything more than 5 will give the blank Lightbox. Also, deleting a re-creating a page with the same name will break the Files and Assets view until you delete one of the duplicate folders.

ShaneLumos

Community Member, 11 Posts

21 July 2010 at 4:20am

Hello UncleCheese I love the ImageGallery I have been looking at it on wamp and I like it. So I put up my site on to the server and I put up the image_Gallery/ dom and the swfuploadfield mod and I have done dev/build?flush=1 so the it all was working right.

In the cms it is all working I can see the images but on the portfolio page it is not showing up this is the page
Portfolio is the gallery

hope you can help

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

21 July 2010 at 5:08am

Are you aware that you have no closing </body> tag? None of the required scripts can be loaded without that.

ShaneLumos

Community Member, 11 Posts

21 July 2010 at 10:46am

thank you uncleCheese
That I did not I have gone through all the code and fixed that problem but the image gallery still not working.

Shauna G

21 July 2010 at 11:15am

I don't know if it's your edits, or the core CMS and ImageGallery module (and considering my install doesn't have it, I'm assuming its your edits), but I also noticed there are several errors in your CSS files. I recommend getting the "Web Developer" extension for Firefox and look at the Error Console that it has. While it may not fix your issue, it's probably not helping matters, either.

chillburn.com.au

Community Member, 12 Posts

21 July 2010 at 11:18am

Edited: 21/07/2010 11:23am

Hey shane, in the includeUI function in the ImageGalleryPage.php file it was looking for a js file here:

image_gallery/javascript/imagegallery_init.js

Change it to be here

ImageGallery/javascript/imagegallery_init.js

So line 237 is to be:

Requirements::javascript("ImageGallery/javascript/imagegallery_init.js");

For some reason, your installation was in a folder called ImageGallery, not image_gallery