Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

[Solved] Help! Can't access Files and Assets anymore!

Go to End

12 Posts   4080 Views

Shauna G

Community Member, 52 Posts

20 February 2010 at 11:15am

Edited: 22/02/2010 4:52am

I've been playing with ImageGallery for the past couple of days, trying to get it working how I need it. Well, I solved the other problems that were keeping me from moving forward, but now I've run into a pretty major snag: I get the white screen of death when trying to access "Files and Assets" in the CMS. This only happened after creating a couple new ImageGallery pages and uploading ~50 images total to them. This was even after I had gotten it working again after re-creating the first two pages I made (which had broken it because of duplicate folders). It's also only the "Assets and Files" page of the CMS that isn't working. I can access the other CMS pages, and I can access the live versions of the pages I've created, complete with images and gallery.

Does anyone happen to know what's going on and how to fix it?

**Edit: I figured out the problem. I had enough assets to run out of allotted memory, it just wasn't obvious because I didn't get the "out of memory" errors (or any errors, for that matter, regardless of what error handling I tried to implement) that I had seen other people with this problem get.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

20 February 2010 at 11:50am

Can't really help you if you don't have error reporting turned on. Get a readable error and see what's up.

Chris Rae

Community Member, 17 Posts

20 February 2010 at 12:15pm

Further to UncleCheese's reply

http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=error-handling

Hopefully that information is still reasonably accurate.

Shauna G

20 February 2010 at 12:30pm

That's the thing, though, I'm not getting any errors. I have the site in dev mode already (unless there's a separate one for the CMS versus the front end), and I've tried writing the errors to a log and emailing errors and warnings and I'm not getting anything. Even Web Developer and Firebug return nothing (as far as they're concerned, it's an empty html doc).

Here's ?debug=1 and ?debug_request=1 though. It's the best that I know of that gives any output at all.

George

Community Member, 41 Posts

20 February 2010 at 1:34pm

Hi,

maybe PHP safe mode is on?

Shauna G

20 February 2010 at 1:43pm

Edited: 20/02/2010 1:43pm

There doesn't appear to be anything to indicate that. The WSoD on any page has been, in the past, triggered by something I did Silverstripe doesn't like. This time, however, if it's something it doesn't like, it's not something I've done directly, as the only thing I've done is upload images in a way that it would take. The only thing I can think of is the number of images that have been uploaded, but that doesn't really make much sense, as the front ends of the galleries I've created work, as well as the rest of the CMS.

Shauna G

20 February 2010 at 1:52pm

Okay, it seems I've figured it out. From the looks of it, the number of assets I have exhausted the memory limit. I had to add:

ini_set('memory_limit', '128M');

to get it to show up. Unfortunately, I don't know how much it needs right now, so I don't know how much more I have left. Is there a way to manually check that?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

21 February 2010 at 5:39am

Silverstripe doesn't necessarily throw all PHP errors. It's not enough to have your site in dev mode. You need to have error reporting turned on in your PHP configuration.

php_value display_errors On

Go to Top