Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Javascript Breaks in Strange Circumstances

Go to End

3 Posts   1006 Views

timwjohn

Community Member, 98 Posts

22 March 2010 at 12:34pm

Ok, this is so very weird. I cannot understand why this is happening - way over my head. I'm hoping to God someone can help get to the bottom of this with their knowledge of Javascript and how it works in the CMS (though I'm pretty sure it ain't gonna happen tonight. I've got a nasty bullet to bite tomorrow!)

I'm using ModelAdmin to manage 3 classes - Sector, Category, LibraryItem (each managed in their own tab of course). Sector and Category CMSFields are pretty much default scafolded. The LibraryItem's CMSFields have a number of DOMs in - namely Image, File and ManyMany - replacing some scaffolded fields.

I've only just noticed this happening, but can't think what would cause it:

If I load my ModelAdmin tab in the CMS and straight away open up a LibraryItem, all javascript for all my DOMs is broken. This happens silently in Chrome, I get a useless debug window in IE.

If, however, I open up one of the other items first - Sector or Category, then open up a LibraryItem - all Javascript is working nicely.

Please, please help.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

22 March 2010 at 2:34pm

Only in Chrome? What error is it throwing?

timwjohn

Community Member, 98 Posts

24 March 2010 at 6:56am

My mistake. Silly me. I thought I was using 2.4 beta-2, but when I just checked my SVN properties I realised it was still on beta-1. All updated to the latest versions and it's working like a dream!

Nice work UC.